Foods That Decreased And Increased Risk Of Breast Cancer:
1. Foods thats Increased Risk Of Breast Cancer (Sugar):A 2007 Italian study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed a correlation between increased intake in foods with a high glycemic index and breast cancer.When the insulin and/or estrogen attach to these receptors, it causes cell division, which spells disaster for Increased Risk Of breast cancer.
2. Grilled meats:While grilling is frequently touted as the healthiest way to cook meat, this may not be so. Grilling certain animal proteins to high temperatures can increase development of heterocyclic amines, which are mutagenic cancer causing compounds. According to the Cancer Project, the worst offenders included well-done chicken breast, well-done steak, pork, salmon, and well-done hamburger.
3. High Fat Animal Products:A high fat diet raises estrogen and prolactin levels, which can in turn give rise to hormone-dependent cancers, such as breast and endometrial cancer. Many commonly consumed animal products are not only rich in fat in general, but in cholesterol-containing saturated fat, which is the type that is extremely problematic for health.
4. Dairy:In order to maintain production, dairy farmers ply their milk-producing animals with all kinds of hormones and chemicals. One of these chemicals is rGBH, which is commonly used in American dairy cattle. Cows’ milk treated with rGBH has higher levels of another hormone, insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1).
Foods that May Decrease Your Risk of Breast Cancer:Try these foods decreased Breast Cancer, that may decrease your risk of breast and other cancers.
1. Broccoli:This cruciferous vegetable contains high levels of indole-3 carbinol (I3C), which as strong anti-cancer properties. IC3 also shifts estrogen balance, which may reduce risk of developing breast cancer.
2. Red Cabbage:Foods This colorful veggie contains IC3, as well as vitamin A and the flavonoid anthocyanadin (which gives the cabbage its color). All reduce cancer risks.
3. Chia Seeds:These seeds are high in Omega-3 acids and antioxidants. Studies at Seattle’s Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center showed that Omega-3 fatty acid intake may decrease the risk of developing breast cancer.
4. Shiitake mushrooms:These delicious mushrooms contain lentinan, which boosts immune health and reduces risk of developing certain cancers including breast cancer.
5. Turmeric:This golden spice contains curcumin, an antioxidant that has demonstrated anticancer effects in studies. Try my Veggie-Turmeric-Quinoa recipe in The Beauty Detox.Source