Cervical Cancer Treatment
Primary Risk Factors for Cervical Cancer Treatment.
- Nutrition and overall health
- Genetic susceptibility or family history
- Smoking or tobacco use
- Giving birth to three or more children
- Conditions that inhibit your immune system’s effectiveness to fight infection
- Long term hormonal birth control use (more than five years)
Cervical Cancer Treatment and HPV Facts
- In 2012, 528,000 women globally were diagnosed with cervical cancer.
- Cervical cancer is the fourth most diagnosed cancer in women worldwide.
- Approximately 90% of HPV infections clear up on their own within two years.
- More than 84% of cervical cancers are diagnosed in less developed nations.
- North America has the lowest incidence of cervical cancer.
- The survival rate for cervical cancer patients over 5 years is 91%.