20 Things Only a Woman with Menopause Would Understand, If you’re on the midlife roller coaster otherwise known as menopause, hold on and enjoy these 29 things only women of a “certain age” would understand.
1. The way you carry your weight changes — you go from junk in your trunk to having it under your hood.
2. When you have a hot flash, you wish you could run naked in the snow.
3. You have perpetual heartburn, so you top everything you eat with Rolaid sprinkles.
4. Insomnia gets so bad that you can be seen on street corners jonesing for Ambien.
5. Your favorite song lyric is “Jumpin’ Hot Flash, I got gas, gas, gas.”
6. Your annual checkup reveals that you have gained 10 pounds and shrunk an inch.
7. When the Wicked Witch in the “Wizard of Oz” screams, “I’m melting!” you know she’s not dying—she’s just having a hot flash.
8. When you drive in traffic, you have to turn the radio down to see clearly.
9. You have to put your glasses on to hear.
10. You lose your glasses, only to find them on top of your head.
11. Every time you sneeze, you wet your pants.
12. Spanx is your best friend.
13. Your skin itches so badly you feel like you need a flea collar.
14. You’re so exhausted that 9 p.m. is the new midnight.
15. When you do sleep, you wake up tired and can’t help wondering if you would’ve been better off doing something else.
16. When you go to the grocery store, you get a shopping cart to push your purse.
17. You have to clean the seat in public restrooms because you no longer have the thighs to hover.
18. One day you take a nap and wake up to discover you have a goatee.
19. Your “turkey neck” is getting so bad that when you hear that the president will pardon a turkey at Thanksgiving, you’re worried it will be you.
20. You know that you’ve forgotten something, but you can’t remember what it was